Top 10 Hikes in Zion National Park
There is no better day activity to do on your glamping adventure than hiking! These top 10 hikes in Zion National Park are a hiker’s paradise, with stunning red rock cliffs, deep slot canyons, and a variety of trails ranging from easy strolls to challenging backcountry routes. Here are the top ten hikes in Zion National Park: (For your convenience all trail names have been hyperlinked where you can find more information)
1. The Narrows: The iconic hike takes you through the narrowest section of Zion Canyon, with walls up to 1,000 feet high on either side. The trail follows the Virgin River through the canyon, and you’ll get your feet wet as you wade through the water.
2. Angels Landing: This strenuous hike takes you to the top of a narrow ridge with breathtaking views of the surrounding canyon. The last half mile is a series of switchbacks known as Walter’s Wiggles, followed by a steep and narrow path with sheer drop-offs on either side. Although this hike is one of the more difficult hikes once you are at the top the view cannot be beat. Something important to remember for this hike is you do need a permit that you can apply for here.
3. The West Rim Trail: This challenging backcountry trail takes you to the top of the park’s west rim, with stunning views of the canyon and the surrounding wilderness. The trail is 17 miles one-way, and requires a permit for overnight camping.
4. Emerald Pools: This popular hike takes you to a series of three pool, each with its own unique ecosystem. The lower pool is a short, easy walk from the trailhead, while the middle and upper pools require a bit more effort to reach.
5. Observation Point: This moderate to strenuous hike takes you to the top of a high plateau with panoramic views of the canyon and surrounding landscape. The trail is 8 miles round-trip and includes a steep climb to the top.
6. Canyon Overlook: This short, easy hike takes you to a viewpoint above the canyon, with stunning views of the Virgin River and the surrounding cliffs. The trail is just a mile round-trip and is suitable for all skill levels.
7. Weeping Rock: This short, easy hike takes you to a seep in the rock wall, where water drips from the cliff and forms a small waterfall. The trail is just a half-mile round trip and is suitable for all skill levels.
8. Kayenta Trail: This moderate hike takes you through a variety of landscapes, including sandstone cliffs, a stream-side forest, and a slot canyon. The trail. is 7.5 miles round-trip and includes some steep sections.
9. Riverside Walk: This easy, paved trail takes you along the Virgin River, with views of the canyon and the surrounding cliffs. The trail is just over a mile round-trip and is suitable for all skill levels. This hike is a perfect adventure for families to do together.
10. Pa’rus Trail: This easy, paved trail takes you through the park’s main canyon, with views of the Virgin River and the surrounding cliffs. The trail is 3.5 miles round-trip and is suitable for all skill levels.
Once you are done with your adventures for the day make sure to come stay with us at Zion White Bison Resort!