Zion National Park is a popular destination for hikers, rock climbers, and nature lovers. Located in southwestern Utah, the park spans over 146,000 acres and is home to a diverse array of plants and animals, as well as stunning red rock cliffs and canyons. With so much to see and do, it can be overwhelming trying to decide what activities to do in Zion National Park. Here are some fun activities to consider:
1. Hiking – One of the most popular activities in Zion National Park is hiking. There are trails for all skill levels, ranging from easy strolls along the Virgin River to challenging backcountry hikes. Some of the most popular trails include the Emerald Pools Trail, which features three pools fed by waterfalls, and the Angels Landing Trail, which offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. If you want an in-depth guide to the best hikes in Zion check out this blog.
2. Rock climbing – Zion National Park is a haven for rock climbers, with routes ranging from easy scrambles to challenging multi-pitch routes. The park has a mix of traditional and sports climbing routes, with something for every level of experience. Some popular climbing areas include the West Temple, the Great White Throne, and the Streaked Wall.
3. Canoeing and kayaking – The Virgin River, which flows through the park and right behind our resort, is a popular spot for canoeing and kayaking. Paddlers can enjoy a leisurely float through the narrow canyons or tackle the more challenging rapids. The Virgin River is also home to a variety of plant and animal life, making it a great spot for nature watching.
4. Horseback riding – Zion National Park offers guided horseback riding tours through the park’s beautiful backcountry. These tours are a great way to explore the park’s remote areas and take in the scenery from a different perspective. Horseback riding tours are available for riders of all skill levels and are a great option for families with children.
5. Photography – With its stunning red rock cliffs and canyons, Zion National Park is a photographer’s paradise. There are endless opportunities for capturing beautiful shots of the park’s natural beauty. Some popular spots for photography include the Virgin River, the Watchman Overlook, and the Court of the Patriarchs. If wedding or family photos is something you are after make sure to check out our favorite photographer Kelsea!
6. Ranger-led activities – Zion National Park offers a variety of ranger-led activities, including guided hikes, talks, and junior ranger programs. These activities are a great way to learn more about the park’s history, geology, and wildlife. Ranger-led activities are available year-round and are suitable for visitors of all ages.
7. Biking – Zion National Park is a great destination for mountain bikers, with trails ranging from easy to challenging. The park’s scenic roads are also popular with road bikers. Bikers can explore the park on their own or take a guided tour. To make your experience even better we offer our guests E-bike rentals directly from our resort that you can take and enjoy at the park.
8. Stargazing – Zion National Park is known for its dark skies, making it an excellent spot for stargazing. The park’s clear skies and lack of light pollution make it the perfect place to see the stars in all their glory. Visitors can bring their own telescopes or join a ranger-led stargazing program to learn more about the night sky. If you are new to stargazing be sure to check out our free guide on how to find the best constellations for the time of the year you visit.
9. Canyoneering – is a popular activity in Zion National Park, allowing visitors to explore the park’s narrow canyons and slot canyons. Canyoneering trips range from easy to challenging and are suitable for people of all skill levels. Canyoneering tours are led by experienced guides who provide all the necessary equipment and will guide you through the entire process.
No matter what types of activities you and your loved ones enjoy you are sure to have the experience of a lifetime at Zion National Park.